With over 355 joints in human body, we suffer from different levels of joint and muscle pain at some or other point in our lives. Each body part has muscle tissue and muscle pains are very common.
Muscle pain, also known as muscle aches or myalgia can be felt in any area of the body that has muscles. In many cases, muscle pain or sore muscles are nothing to worry about. The condition gets resolved without medical treatment. Depending on the cause of muscle pain, the discomfort may be severe or mild. Sometimes it can be extremely severe. Sometimes, muscle pains can be a symptom of an underlying sickness and quick medical treatment is needed.
Causes of muscle pain
In general, people who experience muscle pains can easily identify the cause of muscle pain. Some common causes include:
Common causes of muscle pain include:
- Overexertion/overusing the muscle
- muscle tension or trauma to an area of the body
- lack of sleep
- viral infections
- skipping warmups or cooldowns while exercising
However, not all muscle pains are always related to the above said common causes. Some types of medical conditions can also cause muscle pain.
- Hypokalemia (low potassium)
- Autoimmune disorders like dermatomyositis, lupus, and polymyositis
- Thyroid problems like hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Infections, like cold or flu, polio, or bacterial disease
Even the use of a few drugs or medications like cocaine, statins or ACE inhibitors can cause muscle pain.
How to get rid of muscle pain?
“How to cure muscle pain?’ is a question that every one of us faces at some point. Certainly, popping a painkiller pill for quick relief might seem like an easy way out. Muscle pains usually respond well to home treatment. However, there can be drastic effects on your internal organs in the long run. Here are some measures you can take to cure muscle pain and relieve muscle discomfort –
- Give an ice massage to paining muscles.
- Gently stretch the muscles
- Gently massage the affected muscles using essential oils
- Avoid high-impact activities/weight lifting until after the muscle pain goes away
- Try out some relaxing or stress relieving activities and exercises like music, yoga and meditation etc.
- You can also apply a cream for muscle pains. The market is actually flooded with the best cream for muscle pain options such as Moov. Try to get the best muscle pain relief cream that has effective results to cure muscle pain.
When to see a doctor about muscle pains?
It is true that muscle pains are not always harmful. Never ignore muscle pains. Sometimes, home treatment can’t address the underlying cause. Muscle pain can be a sign of something seriously wrong in your body.
Then, it is always better to see a doctor. She or he can find out the underlying cause of muscle pain and suggest the best muscle pain treatment.
Comments are closed.